How to Run a Successful Silent Auction to Fundraise at your Event –
- Employ recognisable officials or hostesses who know the rules of silent auctions so that they can answer any questions your customers may have and help with bidding whilst ensuring that minimum bids are met. They can also help with collecting bid sheets and payments at the end of your auction.
- Make sure you have a closing time for bids to be made and promote this throughout the event ensuring everyone knows a clear timetable for your auction.
- Have clear descriptions of auction items including any caveats for experiences that the customer will need to know prior to bidding. Print on good quality paper.
- Display your items in an obvious place and create an attractive display to catch customers eyes and enable them to browse. By the entrance to your event is a good option.
- Have winners certificates available to hand out to successful bidders for non-physical items so that customers have all the details needed to claim their prize and contact you in the event of any problems or queries.
- Use interactive technology to bid using either a tablet or smartphone.
- Have a reserve price set slightly above the cost of each item so that any bids made will automatically raise funds for the charity.
- And of course have high quality items that will attract your bidders and ensure a range of items to suit your different customers including experiences as well as physical items.
If you would like to discuss running a silent auction at your event then please contact us on 01908 649777 or you can send an email to email@example.com
Comments or questions are welcome.